As your Seller’s Agent – I’ll walk you through all of the steps and make the process of selling your home simple for you.
I have a strong & creative work ethic coupled with years of successful home sales. The Certified Residential Specialist and e-PRO designations have provided me unique tools to provide you with the highest level of service while achieving your goals of selling your property swiftly & for top dollar.
THE ART OF SELLING YOUR HOME
Determining the sales price:
• I will provide a Competitive Market Analysis that will net you as much profit as possible while being mindful to set the price realistically so your home is not on the market for a long period of time. I will recommend a price range and ask you to make the decision regarding the list price.
Preparing your home for the market:
• I will provide a list of suggestions that will help your house be ready for the market. Remember, first impressions are paramount. We have one opportunity to create a sense in the buyer that your home has been well cared for and will be a place they can call “home”.
• Once a sales price is determined I will review the listing agreement with you, have you complete the seller’s disclosure and lead based paint disclosure forms. I will then provide you an estimate of your expenses and proceeds based on the sales price.
THE ART OF MARKETING YOUR HOME
• I will place a Stephens Real Estate sign in your front yard the day the listing agreement is signed. The real estate sign is one of the most effective ways of letting the public know your home is for sale and that a professional Realtor is involved to assist in the process. All showings will be coordinated by me; there will be a lock-box on your door to enable other Realtors to show your home to qualified buyers.
• I take fabulous photographs and write intriguing remarks for Realtors and buyers to review on-line. It is a fact that three out of four buyers use the Internet as a tool in searching for a home. If your home has no photographs or if the photographs are of poor quality, this will decrease the likelihood of buyers wanting to see your home. First impressions are important and can turn a casual looker into a buyer. I am known for having a “good eye” and taking well-composed photographs. Please review how I have marketed and sold homes using visual tour software at: http://www.visualtour.com/inventory.asp?u=43208&f=837 .
• I advertise your home on-line at Stephensre.com, Hometownlawrence.com, Realtor.com and a myriad of other web-sites that pick up the IDX feed. The print media I use includes weekly advertising through the Lawrence Journal World Friday Insert.
• We have a weekly sales meeting. Afterwards, we tour all new listings. Realtors who are working with potential buyers see your home and will schedule showings.
• I will utilize my extensive personal referral base to communicate that your home is for sale.
• It is an honor to host open houses. I think it is important to be able to communicate some of the history of the house and the good work you have done during your ownership.
Representation from contract to closing:
An offer will be submitted by me or another Realtor. We will review it carefully and determine whether or not to accept, reject or counter certain sections of the offer.
Once a contract has been accepted and fully signed by both parties, there will be inspections ordered by the buyer. The outcome of the inspections are another point in the process a professional Realtor is essential.
I will submit title work and ensure the deed can be passed to the buyer. There will be an appraisal and a survey ordered by the buyers lender.
As stated in the offer the lender will provide a loan commitment and I will make sure this date is adhered to.
There will be a final walk through with the buyer and buyer’s agent.
Throughout this process, I will remain in close communication with you, ensuring that you are in charge and fully represented.
The buyer and his or her Realtor will attend the closing at the title company to sign the mortgage and deed. The title company records the new deed and removes your ownership of the property at the Court House. Later in the day I will pick up your proceeds and deliver them to you!