- Tom Harper is an uncommon Realtor and a credit to his profession. Never in our experience have we dealt with anyone in real estate as enjoyable to work with as him. Not only did he find a terrific house in Lawrence for us to buy, he opened up new ways of seeing for us, new ways of imagining how we could live. How many Realtors do that? Working with Tom felt like a true partnership, and never once during that partnership did we feel that he didn’t have our best interests at heart. This was all the more remarkable considering that Tom was the seller’s agent in the transaction, yet he was able to make both parties very happy all the way through the negotiation process. It’s difficult to describe what an honest, thorough, principled, patient, mellow, helpful and generous person he is. But that’s what he was for us, and more. In short, Tom Harper has our strongest possible recommendation.
William Steele-Freelance Writer & Akiko Takeyama Steele-Associate Professor of Women’s Studies & Anthropology University of Kansas
- As first-time homebuyers, we needed someone to advocate for us. Tom worked hard to find us the perfect home while educating us on the process of buying a house. He took time to get to know us personally and provided excellent service. After just a few meetings, we trusted Tom completely to take of our purchasing needs. We will most certainly work with him again in the future.
Ashley and Steve Strand
- Choosing Tom Harper to represent my family in selling our home and purchasing a new home proved itself to be one of my better decisions. Tom converted the chaotic process of homes sales into an organized package of options which enabled me to facilitate the best choices for my family. In the course of two months Tom negotiated the purchase of our new home while making sure our best interests were taken care of.Tom’s genuine character is a perfect balance of rational decision making combined with intuitive choices. This is what makes Tom such an effective Realtor. He focuses in on your preferences and does a remarkable job allowing those to work within the confines of the market. We will not be moving anytime soon, but if we where Tom Harper would be my first call.
Jonathan Wilke Artist & Nicole Ramirez Occupational Therapist
- Tom Harper is a most extraordinary Realtor. My husband and I have bought and sold six houses before looking in Lawrence, and we have never had such an enjoyable experience. He is an amazing buyer’s agent. He looked after our interests every step of the way, showing an uncommon ability to navigate through the complications of our company relocation service. I would recommend him to anyone looking for a patient, talented, and trustworthy person to handle every detail with care. Most importantly, our children think he’s really cool.
Anna & Duke Terrell
- If you are looking for a Realtor that is intuitive to your needs and dreams, is honest, loyal, whose integrity cannot be matched, and will keep your best interests at heart as well as the good of all others involved- Tom Harper is the Realtor you are looking for.
Jo & Roland Unruh
- Talk about above and beyond! Moving from one state to another can be challenging in many regards but Tom made looking for and purchasing a home in Lawrence a very pleasant and efficient experience. He was prompt in returning calls, kept us updated on listings he thought were appropriate and always provided detailed answers to our questions. We looked at dozens of homes over four months and he was well organized and energetic on every outing. He went above and beyond the call of duty several times to find contractors and to manage some of that process while we were out of town. Tom cares about his clients, his colleagues and his community and that quality shines through in all his interactions.
- Tom helped us sell our land and buy our current home. As a buyer’s agent, he is exceptionally professional and detail minded. Tom is respectful of individual preferences and offers research, insight and experience on each property, especially with mid-century and older architecture. Tom maintains an open minded approach as new listings become available on unique properties, narrowing the search to find the right fit. Once we found Tom, we both knew we were in good hands. As a seller’s agent, Tom highlights every feature of the property with artistic ingenuity, humor, charm and fantastic camera work. We were thrilled to see our virtual tour. Through the lens of Tom’s camera, we saw the ten acres of land which we listed with him in an exciting, new and wondrous way. In fact, with his beautiful presentation, we nearly questioned our intentions for listing it in the first place! It is obvious that Tom has lots of fun taking photos and writing the captions.Whether buying or selling, Tom’s easy manner and knowledgeable experience makes you feel comfortable, confident and fully informed.
Jonathan and Heidi Benham
- Thanks Tom for your patience and perseverance in finding the perfect home for us. I cannot imagine more difficult clients than we were. But you were up to the task. You made the 840-mile transition from Atlanta as smooth as possible. Although we looked at many homes before finding “it,” you never seemed frustrated or hurried. Most of all, you were a man of your word. When you said you would do something, you did it. In short, you took the angst out of finding a home.
Melanie Wilson Associate Professor
University of Kansas School of Law
- Because it had been over 25 years since we last bought a house, we were apprehensive. Tom took the time to learn what we wanted and started the search. He emailed us new listings that matched our wishes. No one does better Internet virtual tours; we saw the houses through his eyes. By photos, we found our house, traveled to Lawrence to see it, made a bid and bought it when it first came on the market. Tom’s helpfulness didn’t stop at the closing. He made the extra effort to meet the gas company to change our meter at the new house since we still lived hours away. For exemplary service, we would recommend Tom to anyone.
Larry & Nancy Stoppel
Doctor of Optometry
- We decided to work with Tom as our buyer’s agent because we wanted to find an older house near KU. Tom did a great job of acquainting us with that market, and with individual listings prior to our first trip to Lawrence to see houses in person. Once we decided on a house, his professionalism and relaxed demeanor made the purchase and relocation process as easy as it could have been.
Scott Jenkins, Associate Professor of Philosophy University Of Kansas and Megan Kaminski, KU English Department
- Tom was generous with his knowledge and encouragement throughout the process of selling our home. We appreciated his personal attention and the calm way he walked us through the whole process.
Robin and Jim Liston
- Tom Harper is far from your typical Realtor. He lets the client set the timetable, and takes the time necessary to find out exactly what each buyer and seller wants. On the buying end, he patiently helped us find the type of home we decided we wanted; on the selling end he worked tirelessly to make the deal work for all parties. He knows Lawrence extremely well, especially its often overlooked (and undervalued) mid-20th century housing stock. I am pleased to call Tom Harper my friend as well as my Realtor.
Jonathan Earle & Leslie Tuttle
Department of History, University of Kansas
- We had been looking for a new house for several years without much luck. Other realtors kept steering us away from properties we liked. We were looking for something out of the ordinary, with character, and with potential for greatness. We met Tom at an open house and found that he has a passion for mid-century homes. Several months later he contacted us because he knew of a mid-century gem that would be coming on the market. We were the first ones to view it! And now it is ours. Tom not only helped us find our new home, but also quickly found a buyer for our previous mid-century home. As any homebuyer or seller knows, the process can be stressful, but Tom kept everything on track. Tom is thorough, professional, and calm.
Andre and Nikki Bollaert
- Tom was patient, principled, and thorough. Our search for the ideal home was an extensive one, and he helped us never lose sight of our goals or become discouraged with the process. Once we found our new home, he was remarkably helpful both in marketing our former home (which he sold in less than a week) and in handling the details of the purchase. Always conscientious, Tom was an excellent advocate for us.
Becky Eason, PhD University of Kansas
and Doug Eason, Sprint
- Tom always got us in to see houses as soon as they were listed, returned our calls promptly, answered all our questions, calmed our frazzled nerves and consistently followed through with all the legwork necessary to help us buy our home. He was assertive without being pushy; we really appreciated that.
Sandra Pellegrini, Hospice Nurse
- Tom is kind, honest, hardworking and morally oriented. I recommend him highly.
Mehdi Khosh, ND, Naturopathic Doctor
- Many Realtors can find a good house. But not many of them can help customers who don’t know much knowledge about buying a house or can handle difficult or picky customers. Only a few special Realtors can do long-term follow-up after the purchase of a house. Tom is one of the few.
- We want to commend and thank you for your superb service and expertise on our recent move. Not only did you list and sell our home in just a few days, the first house you chose to show us was the perfect replacement. Selling, buying, and moving can be overwhelming. Your attention to detail and that “special” customer treatment made it a smooth transition. It is very much appreciated.
Gary Finch and Jerry Colley
This is the most important page on the web site. It is an honor to be of service in this way. My goal is to make you happy!